我们为什么要接受教育

发布时间:2016-10-08

Why get an education?

为什么要接受教育?

 

Education is causing our world to change more quickly each year. 

教育让我们的世界日新月异.

 

I can remember a world without mobile phones and the internet very clearly. 

我仍然记得那个没有手机网络的世界是什么样子.

 

Perhaps your goal is to study abroad, or perhaps it is to become an enterprising young person in the future. 

也许你的目标是出国深造,成为可造之材,

 

You must be able to answer the question Why am I getting educated?’ 

你必须清楚地了解我为什么受教育

 

Friedrich Nietzsches famous quote is relevant.

德国著名哲学家尼采曾这么说.

 

 Once a man has a why to live, he can endure almost any how. 

一旦一个人知道为何而活 他便可以克服任何苦难.

 

So, your challenge is to find this why. Why get an education?

所以你需要知道为什么.为什么接受教育?

 

Why get an education? I put forward empathy as a metaphysical purpose for education. 

为什么要受教育?我认为把同理心或者说换位思考作为一个理论目标。

 

Empathy will help you study abroad because you will be able to understand the world from the perspective of others. 

换位思考极其有用,因为你需要理解来自世界各地的人的不同观点、思考问题的角度.

 

It will also help you succeed in a business world that values cooperation and teamwork more with each passing year. 

日积月累,它更将使你在工作中学会与人合作. 

 

Education needs an honourable purpose. 

教育需要一个值得尊敬的目的.

 

Fostering empathy in education can build an empathic future and bring the success you seek studying abroad or working in China.

在学习中培养这种设身处地地了解他人可以带给你国内外学习上和工作上的成功.

 

Empathy is a soft skill. 

换位思考是一种软实力.

 

It is not something we are born with, but something we must learn. 

我们不与生俱来但是应当学习.

 

If you go abroad to study or for business, you may find people that do things differently from what you are used to. 

如果你出国深造你会发现身边人做与你过去不同的事.

 

If you have learned empathy, it will be easier for you to understand the view point of someone from another culture. 

如果你学会换位思考,理解他们便会更加容易.

 

As our world becomes more interdependent, the ability to do this becomes more and more valued.

世界变得越来越互相依存,所以换位思考也愈加重要.

 

Empathy can allow teachers to teach more effectively. 

不仅学生,老师也受益于同理心,同理心可以使教学更加有效。

 

Students with empathy can learn important skills for the 21st century workplace. 

学生如果学习换位思考,便掌握了21世纪工作中一个重要技能.

 

And most importantly, empathy can give students a reason to seek out an education.

最重要的是,同理心本身就是学生求学的一个理由.

 

Thank you

谢谢大家!